CULTURE CHANGE/EMPLOYEE UTILIZATION
Findings consistently indicate only 1 in 3 employees is actively engaged in the services they were hired to do.
What is worse, is close to 1 in 5 is actively engaging in activities to the mission of the organization.
While there is no clearcut answer, the following are contributing factors:
Employees Who Feel Their Skills Are Adequately Used
- A mismatch between needs of the organization and skills of the employees
- Absence of a culture of accountability
- Unclear expectations
- Failure to instill organizational values and mission
- Lack of understand of motivators for millenials, genXers, and... wait for it...soon to arrive generation Z.
Benefits of addressing concerns:
- Less turnover, reducing costs of hiring and training
- Improved efficiency
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- Lower rates of "burnout"
- More energy towards carrying out the organizational mission
Through rethinking the what and how, we provide analysis of strengths and weaknesses, along with specific proposals aimed at building a more productive, engage employee base.